- CLC is managed by an elected Board of Directors who are responsible for both the fiscal and physical welfare of the Club.
- There are yearly membership dues. Association fees are mandatory as this is a private community.
- CLC Golf, supervised by our PGA Professional, offers a full tournament schedule for both adults and children; driving range and instruction are also available.
- Four tennis courts, with a teaching Professional in attendance, are the scene of season-long tournaments for adults and children.
- Interclub activities are available for our Youth Group.
- An award ceremony for golf and tennis Club tournaments and championships are held Labor Day weekend for adults and children.
- Existing home values, determined by type and location, range from summer cottages to substantial year-round homes with lake frontage.
The Candlewood Lake Club is a private community of about 200 residences located in New Milford and Brookfield on Candlewood Lake. In addition to its fine location, the Candlewood Lake Club boasts a host of amenities including a private golf course, four tennis courts, a beach, marina, clubhouse, junior clubhouse and a ball field. These amenities are available only to members and their guests. A private water system and private roads are also maintained for the benefit of club members. However, purchasing a home in the Candlewood Lake Club does not convey membership to the owner of the property. Any prospective member must apply for membership which must then be approved by the CLC Membership Committee.
The Candlewood Lake Club is governed by two corporations whose responsibility is to maintain and preserve the character of the Club and its properties. Each residence is subject to comprehensive rules and bylaws of the CLC. These rules govern such things as house color, fences, renting and when homeowners are allowed to perform home renovations, among many other things. Our rules also prohibit real estate signs and open houses are permitted during a limited time frame. These rules can be viewed as quite restrictive; however, over many decades they have been the foundation upon which the Club has remained a desirable place to live.
One must also be aware that in order to become a member, a homeowner must be an owner of stock. Currently the price for a new share of stock is $10,000.00. In addition there is a initiation fee of $15,000.00 for new club members. In order for a prospective owner to enjoy Club amenities, they must be stockholders and club members. We suggest to all agents that they determine the stock and membership status prior to the transfer of any property.